I don’t think we read e e cummings at home when I was a kid.
My first memory of his work is from a poetry unit in my 8th grade English class. It was, perhaps, almost too late.
Almost, but not quite!
About that time, I was just beginning to realize I was a writer and that felt pretty safe to me.
Nobody had to look at me for me to be a writer.
I had good handwriting.
I was good at the rules. All the grammar and punctuation bits.
(I suspect you begin to see the problem…)
And then… huge truth from a guy who was way less hung up on the rules I was learning!
Here’s a bit I especially love:
it takes courage to grow up and become who you really are
e e cummings
Frankly, I’m still working on that bit.
I suspect life, when we’re doing it best, is a lot like that.
Especially for those of us who discover that who we really are is, perhaps, not what we heard everybody telling us we should be!
One thing that helps me is being on the path with others practicing that particular kind of courage.
You see, to borrow a bit more, those stories – or questions – we most want to hide can actually help others!
So… safe space.
Some tools for surprising even ourselves with what’s inside.
And a paper to point to if we choose to share. (Thanks, Steve Glenn!)
When you boil it down to the basics, this is what Medicine Basket your way… is all about.
My sister-in-magic, Natalie Moyes, and I are all in for growing up to become who we really are and that has a lot to do with empowering others – just like you – along the way!
You see, we want some big things!
We want our kids – and grandkids – and all kids – to live in a place where they can safely be who they are. We want to help heal the tragedies of racism. We want clean air and real food and healing for our planet.
And there’s more…
We want people like you – people of good heart – to have the courage to grow up and become who you really are
And, in the world where we all hang out, that takes resources.
I suspect you’ve noticed the same truth about the things you want and dream!
So… Unsticking Stuck Money Stuff !
There’s still time! (But not much… we start Tuesday!)
And, if you’re muttering to yourself about why you want to join us but can’t, I hear you! So… bullet points!
- We are going to make marks on paper but you DON’T have to think you’re an artist for it to work.
- There are 2 choices about how to invest, depending on what works best for you.
- Can you afford NOT to do this? To stay stuck in a place that isn’t working as well as you need it to? Really???
- It’s win-win! If you show up the first week, give it a chance, and it doesn’t click for you, we’ll graciously refund your investment.
- If you already did the first journey, welcome back! We’re going to build on the progress we made. If you didn’t, no worries… you’ll catch on fast!
- Everything is recorded, in case you can’t be there live every time.
- It’s NOT just woo-woo stuff. There are decades of learning and practice and certificates and genius behind all this! And some very cool “new” stuff, like neuroplasticity.
- The world really needs who you really are!
And, there’s a whole lot more Who? What? When? Where? Why? How? stuff waiting with bated breath for you to click the button!
ps… the art is Natalie’s Unfurled! Can you see the unicorn??? There’s one in you, too!
pps… in honor of poetry month, another:
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there.
-Rumi (and Natalie & me!)